Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child shares small gifts and personal care items and the story of Jesus with children around the world. You can participate in bringing good news and great joy to a child. Here's how:
- Pick up a shoebox after worship on Sunday, October 15.
- Choose whether your shoebox will be for a girl or boy and in which age category (2-4, 5-9 or 10-14). Label your box.
- Fill the shoebox with toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items, accessories, and a personal note. DO NOT include candy; toothpaste; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
- Pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and/or photo.
- Return filled/labeled shoeboxes to the church office by Sunday, October 29. To cover shipping costs, please enclose a check for $9/box (payable to "Samaritan's Purse) OR make a payment online at samaritanspurse.org and receive a Follow Your Box tracking label.
See gift suggestions from missionaries in Senegal who have worked with children receiving shoeboxes.
Questions? Contact the church office (908) 647-0340.