Tuesday, October 23, 7-9 pm
DivorceCare Surviving the Holidays is a helpful, encouraging seminar for people who are facing the holidays after a separation or divorce. On Tuesday, October 23, Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church is hosting the seminar from 7-9 pm in the Amos Room.
The seminar features practical suggestions, guidance, and reassurance through video interviews with counselors, experts in divorce-related care, and other people who have experienced the holidays after a separation or divorce. These people share honestly about:
- Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays.
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes.
- How to survive potentially awkward moments at holiday events.
- How to help your children have a good holiday experience.
- Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time.
Refreshments will be served. Participants are also invited to a time of extended fellowship at a local restaurant following the seminar.
There is an optional workbook available for a monetary donation. This "Survival Guide" is filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
Surviving the Holidays is open to anyone who has experienced separation or divorce. You do not have to be a member of DivorceCare to attend.