We are delighted to announce that Pastor Peter Pendell will be joining us at Liberty Corner Church as Interim Senior Pastor.
After extensive discussions with LCPC staff and leadership, the Transition Team and Session concluded that the services of an interim senior pastor would facilitate a period of healing and reconciliation for our church, and provide ongoing stability as we undertake the discernment process and search for a new senior pastor.
To this end and with the approval of Session, the Transition Team has engaged Peter Pendell as part-time Interim Senior Pastor, pending final concurrence from LCPC’s ECO Northeast Coast Presbytery Ministry Partnership Team, with whom we have been in consultation. This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week, and commences February 1. Peter will be away the last two weeks in January. Should you have any questions regarding the hiring process, please feel free to contact a member of the Transition Team.
Peter’s duties include:
- Preach at two Sunday morning services three or more times per month and officiate at celebrations of Holy Communion, as determined by Session
- Teach groups in the church as mutually convenient opportunities arise
- Provide pastoral care and encouragement to the LCPC staff and advise Session of issues that need to be addressed to facilitate harmonious working relationships among the staff and with ministry leaders
- Supervise, guide, and coach ministry staff personnel to enhance their capacity to achieve ministerial goals
- Advise Session on means to effectively identify and communicate overarching ministry goals for LCPC
- Advise and encourage Session in its efforts to resolve conflicts and promote healing among the leaders and members of the congregation and prepare the way for a new senior pastor
Please greet Peter and welcome him to service with us! And, please pray for God’s guidance and wisdom for Peter, the LCPC pastors and staff, our elected leaders, and our congregation during this time of transition.
LCPC Session Transition Team