November 30, 2018
Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church is finalizing the work of discernment during this time of transition as we prepare for the search for a new senior pastor. Here are some recent updates about the process:
- Following the congregational Church Health Survey, interviews, and analysis, the results of the Church Health Report were presented to the congregation on September 23.
- Utilizing this information, the Catalyst Team met over the course of the past two months to further discern the vision, priority areas, and key strategies that will guide the church through the next three years. The Session and Pastor Nominating Committee will be reviewing this information in December and Session will vote on the three-year Action Plan. Members of the Catalyst Team include Steve Allen, Elizabeth Barickman, Kevin Liguori, Judi Logan, Katherine Ma, Rich Power, Carolyn Stewart, and Corey Strickland.
- In January, other key leadership will have a meeting to review the plan and provide input. In February, the congregation will learn about the plan and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- The Session is calling together an Implementation Team. Members of this team will shepherd the three-year Action Plan to completion by recruiting and guiding people to shape and accomplish the goals of the plan.
- The Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) has met and will begin working on the pastor search now that the discernment process is wrapping up. The PNC will utilize the Church Health Report and Action Plan to help determine the skills and experience we are looking for in our next senior pastor.