Variety of hours, Monday - Friday
For children six weeks old - 5th grade
No degree or certificate required.
The TCC Substitute is responsible for implementing TCC's program within the classroom or group to which he/she is assigned. The Substitute shall assist the classroom staff in implementing a structured classroom on an as-needed basis. The Substitute shall be responsible for aiding the childcare teacher in the implementation of the daily schedule and routine, supervising activities, and ensuring the safety, and supervision of children.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be of good character and equipped by education, training, and experience to assist with the day-to-day classroom programs.
- Have a suitable temperament for work with children and possess qualities of warmth and friendliness.
- Be a professing Christian who will help integrate Christian principles, ideals, and standards within the classroom programs.
- Demonstrate dependable character and personal qualities as verified through interviews and reference checks.
- Prior experience with children preferred.
- Must have the ability to lift children who weigh as much as 35 pounds.
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma. Some continuing education units in Childcare or Early Childhood Education preferred.
- At least one year paid experience or proven performance in an Early Childhood setting.